Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Revelation

J. K. Rowling announced on Oct 19th that Albus Dumbledore's gay.

Albus Dumbledore, the wise headmaster of Hogwart's school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, with the twinkling blue eyes and half moon spectacles was the only person who could stand up against the Ministry of Magic and the only wizard the Dark Lord feared. He was one of the prime and most revered characters in the Harry Potter series. Believe it or not, I cried when Dumbledore died in the sixth part and I am sure I'll do the same when I see the movie.

Now, dont get me wrong here, it doesnt matter whether Dumbledore was gay or straight. I think many fans would not have a problem with him being gay. Its just that Rowling failed to mention it in any of the books. How difficult would it have been to reveal it somewhere, atleast in the final book? I think its really unfair on her part to have left out that piece of information. Anyways, I think I will have to read the books again, atleast the part about Dumbledore and Grindelwald to see what I missed coz of my preconceived notion.

No, I wouldnt mind reading the books again. :D

Labels: