Saturday, October 20, 2007

Livin the dream

I watched Goal! and GoalII over the weekend. Yeah, I have a thing for movies with a sports theme. So I loved Goal! and GoalII (the first part is better) as much as I loved A League of their Own, Miracle, Coach Carter, Friday Night Lights, Invincible, Bend it like Beckham, Wimbledon, Lagaan and Chak De.

The movie has a good storyline and features the oh-so-hawt Kuno Becker. Other than that, I simply loved Stephen Dillane and Anna Freil's British accent. Really, who wouldnt find the 'Aye', 'bloke', 'gaff', 'Bloody hell', 'Gaffer', 'Shite', 'Bonny lad', 'Piss off' amusing? Check out the songs - 'Club Foot' by Kasabian and 'Who put the wieght of the world on my shoulders?' by Oasis.

I was checking out Dillane and Freil on IMDB and saw David Beckham's profile on it too. Wow, the guy's in more than 50 movies and ofcourse appears as himself. Now, how many people get to do that. Really impressive.

Labels: