Monday, October 02, 2006

Bande mein tha dum, Vande Mataram.


The new hit film 'Lage Raho Munnabhai' is having such an impact on people in India that all I read in the local Indian newspaper today was politicians and film stars jumping on Gandhigiri bandwagons to commemorate Gandhiji's 137th birth anniversary. Every person, who has seen the film, has been raving about it and is applauding Gandhigiri. I find this really surprising because although foreigners (non Indians) respect the man, I have met many Indians personally who think that Gandhiji was a selfish man who could have done much better than what he really did for the nation. Its surprising to see how media affects people's thoughts and changes their impressions so quickly.

Quoting Gandhiji,

"If my faith burns bright, as I hope it will even if I stand alone,
I shall be alive in the grave, and what is more, speaking from it. "

The humble man sure is speaking. The world is listening.