Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Easy to get along?

I recently realised that being easy to get along with people can be a little difficult. I am a person who can be friends with anyone unless the other person gives me a very bad impression of himself/herself. Agreed I dont talk too much, but I've been told that I am a very good listener and somehow make the other person comfortable. I am fine with this coz I have a fair number of good friends. But I am a little confused now. My good friends, ofcourse mean no harm to me and always think of my well being, have started expecting a lot from me. I know that with closer relations, this 'expectation' does come into picture but people do not realise that this is also the cause of a relationship going sour. Now each of my good friends expects me to behave in a certain way or do something in a certain way. I suddenly feel pressurized because I know if I do a certain thing 'A' way, 'X' would not like it but if I do it 'B' way, 'X' would like it but 'Y' would not. I understand each person's point of view but am I doing things 'MY' way? Looks like being easy to get along with others is not allowing me to get along easily with myself.

PS - For all my good friends reading this post, please do not take me in a negative way. I appreciate and value your friendship. This is just a debate that I am having with myself, both sides weighing strong.