Saturday, March 25, 2006

Simple pleasures

I was driving home from work yesterday evening. I have this habit, besides others, of observing people (sometimes I stare which I know is impolite) and when I drive, I tend to look in my rearview mirror at the person driving the car behind me. So anyways, I see this really cute guy, who had desi features, but am pretty sure wasnt a desi. He had got his dog in the rear seat. And since we were making a lot more stopovers coz of the traffic on Friday evening, I had all the time to watch what he was upto. This guy had a cup of icecream with him in his car and was happily eating it during the many stops we were having. What really amused me so much was that while I was getting all restless to be braking like a million times on a 10 min drive from my workplace to my home, he was enjoying himself over a simple cup of icecream and trying to make the most of the moment . I guess there is no matching the simple pleasures of life, is there?