Thursday, March 23, 2006

What happens after?

Has anyone ever wondered what happens to our feelings when we do not feel them anymore? Let me elaborate what I mean. I meet a person today and form an impression about that person. So I have a feeling about that person right? Then I get to know him/her and maybe my feeling for that person changes. Lets suppose that when I met X, I did not like her. But when I get to know her, I see that X and I have lots of similar interests and infact I do like her. Maybe she becomes a great friend later on. But what happened to that feeling of 'not liking X' which I had before? Does it just vanish or does it still remain?

According to me, no feeling just evaporates. Infact it remains within us. Each feeling is independent so when we have new feelings, it does not necessarily eat up the other one and replace it. Its just that one feeling exceeds another. So in the case of X, my feeling of 'liking X' just exceeded the one of 'not liking' her.

Ok dont believe me? Take another case. Boy (B) meets Girl (G). Both fall in love. After going around for a while, both fight and B calls G names and vice versa. Now they break up and hate each other. But does the 'love' that existed between them die too? No, I dont think so. Its still there just that at the present moment, the 'hate' between them is greater than the 'love'. So, if tomm B goes and apologises to G and both patch up, the 'love' does not have to be built from start.

So now if this theory of mine is true, then boy oh boy, do we have tons and tons of feelings inside?

PS - I know my post seems crazy and people wont agree with me. But hey, I just wrote down what I feel and you are welcome to agree/disagree with me.