Saturday, December 03, 2005

creeper creeper on the wall

I like having plants at home, specially the money plant (atleast that is what we call it back home), maybe a hobby I inherited from my mother. Anyways some days back I got the creeper from someone. I didnt have an extra vase and so put it along with the bamboo shoot I have. Being busy with work, I completely forgot about it till today. I was just replacing the vase with fresh water when I saw how the creeper had made itself home in the vase. Of course since it is a creeper, it requires the support of the bamboo shoot but what fascinated me was the way it was clutching on to the shoot. It reminded me of the manner in which young children hold on to their mothers.

It strangely also reminded me of how we cling to each other for support or even cling to things....... So then I dont understand all the talk men and women keep giving about being independent?